Obtaining personal information
Union of Kansai Governments may obtain personally identifiable information through services provided at this Kansai Startup Ecosystem Website (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”). The collection, use, provision, and management of personal information shall be handled appropriately as follows based on the "Union of Kansai Governments Personal Information Protection Ordinance", the personal information will be handled appropriately as follows.
- Name and gender
- Name of organization
- Division and title
- Address and postal code
- Telephone and fax number
- E-mail address
- Other items indispensable for the provision of services
Scope of use of personal information
- provision thereof is required by laws and regulations;
- it should be disclosed to the public and Union of Kansai Governments obtains the consent of the user in question; or
- it is provided within the scope of the purpose of use to any business consignee which has entered into a confidentiality agreement with Union of Kansai Governments.
Scope and purpose of use of collected information
Union of Kansai Governments automatically collects internet domain names, IP addresses, site search query information, and other information related to website visits (access logs). Such information is used for statistical analyses of website access trends and other purposes, and these results are used as a reference for future website management.
Personal information management
Union of Kansai Governments will strictly manage the personal information obtained on the Website and take necessary measures to prevent risks such as loss, leakage, abuse, or falsification of or unauthorized access to the personal information.
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Personal data obtained through this website will be used only for the purpose specified when it is collected.
- Collected user personal data will be stored in servers installed by Union of Kansai Governments in Japan. Although Japan has not been recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection, Union of Kansai Governments will manage user personal data appropriately.
- Users of this website who have provided personal data may request access to their personal data for the purpose of confirmation of the accuracy of such data and rectification of any inaccuracy or the purpose of restriction of processing of personal data in order to verify the accuracy of such data. Users have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the EEA if they consider that processing of personal data relating to them infringes GDPR.
Startup Support Division, Wide Area Industry Promotion Bureau, Union of Kansai Governments